Dr. Mings offers a wide variety of cosmetic procedures for the skin. Being a board certified dermatologist gives him the advantage of the best training, expertise, and medical knowledge for treating your skin. He and his staff can provide you with the latest and most advanced treatments in a relaxed and friendly setting. Depending on your specific needs, we can tailor a treatment that is just right for you.
We would love to meet with you personally and give you further information about our procedures. Please call and set up a cosmetic consultation with our aesthetician. She and our providers can guide you in the best direction to go to keep your skin looking as young and healthy as possible.
Trying to think of a creative gift for that special person? Gift certificates available for any procedure.
Cosmetic procedures that we perform:(click them to see more)
Laser Treatment - Light Source
What is a Laser?
A laser is a high powered medical device that delivers a specific wavelength of light. Lasers are used in medicine because of the ability of this specific light to damage only the unwanted portion of skin. Although lasers are not magic, they are superior to previously available treatments. Laser light is only damaging to the lesions being treated. In this way, we can selectively alleviate many skin problems leaving the uninvolved, normal skin unharmed, essentially eliminating the risk of scarring. The use of lasers in medicine was pioneered by a dermatologist in the 1960's and has since proven to be the standard of care for the treatment of many skin problems.
What is expected from laser treatment?
Laser light is administered to the skin, in short, high powered bursts of light called pulses. When a pulse of light reaches the skin, it feels like a "rubber band snap". This sensation is minimal and is tolerated well, usually without need for local anesthetics (except in the case of facial resurfacing for wrinkle treatment). The skin may or may not become discolored for a short period, but can be camouflaged with cover-up if this is cosmetically concerning. The treated area begins to improve over time and the full effects of laser treatment are not usually noted until after 4-8 weeks. Side effects, such as scarring and pigmentary changes are exceptionally rare with laser treatment. In some cases, patients may be asked to avoid sun tanning for a short time after treatment by using sunscreens. The cost of laser treatment is variable depending on which laser is used and the size of the area of skin that is treated.
What can be treated with lasers?
Wrinkles, aged and sun-damaged skin; acne scars, surgical scars and hypertrophic scars; tattoos, stretch marks, unwanted hair, and spider leg veins. Dilated blood vessels, hemangiomas, port wine stains and other blood vessel problems; age spots, freckles, cafe-au-lait birthmarks and pigment lesions. Of course, as technology improves & grows, so does the number and types of problems and people who benefit from laser treatment!
We have multiple lasers that are used for many different applications. Whether it is birthmarks, sunspots, or psoriasis, we use five different lasers in the practice. Please do not hesitate to ask us if you have any further questions on the lasers. Below, you will find a brief summary of what each one is used for.
- BBL: Broad based light source by Sciton. This next generation of IPL uses two flashlamps to more effectively treat pigmented spots, scars, as well as blood vessels and reddish discoloration. Also useful in our “Forever Young” package in heating deep tissue to promote younger looking skin and collagen regrowth.
- Iridex nanometer diode Laser. This laser is very useful for facial blood vessels, birthmarks, sunspots and other benign lesions.
- Candela GentleLASE Plus Laser. This laser is most useful for hair removal and treatment of blood vessels. Learn More
- Candela V-Beam Laser. This laser has applications in treating blood vessels and sun damage. It is useful for large vascular birthmarks as well. Learn More
- Photo Medex Extract Laser. This is the newest FDA approved laser for psoriasis. It has also been found to be useful in the treatment of vitiligo. Learn More
- Matrix Fractionated CO2 Laser. The modern fractionated CO2 laser is designed to aggressively treat wrinkles and pigment abnormalities. Learn more
- Blue Light by Dusa. Visible light therapy FDA approved for the treatment of acne and actinic keratosis (pre-cancers). Learn more
- Photodynamic Therapy. We also employ Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). This involves the application of a medicated solution to the skin prior to laser or other light source treatment. PDT sensitizes the skin to the light and has been shown to amplify the effectiveness of light therapy.
A non-surgical treatment that cleans and renews the skin by utilizing a patented diamond tip exfoliation system. Microdermabrasion works to improve wrinkles, brown spots, uneven skin tone, and acne scarring. The advantage to this treatment: there is no down time. Results are immediate and improve with multiple treatments.
All the benefits of our microdermabrasion treatment with the added benefits of a hydrating facial. A customized treatment to reduce redness and rehydrate the skin. This is a favorite for those looking for serious results with an added treatment to soothe and pamper.
Botox and Fillers
Skin Care Treatments
Monthly Maintenance Facial
This customized treatment addresses a variety of skin concerns such as premature aging, sun damage, loss of vitality, and excessive dryness. All skin types can benefit from our skin analysis, cleansing, steam, exfoliation, extraction, facial and décolleté massage, masque, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen applications. Skin is left feeling soft, plump, and radiant.
Deep Cleansing Detox Facial
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective way of exfoliation. Using a dermatological medical blade we remove the dead skin cells from the epidermis. Along with exfoliating, dermaplaning also helps remove the unwanted velus hairs (peach fuzz) from the face. Dermaplaning is most often used on patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring, or fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance. You can see a difference after the first treatment.
Micro Power Peel
Before and post 1 Halo™ treatment
Photos courtesy of Rebecca Gelber, MD
Before and post 1 Halo™ treatment
Photos courtesy of AesthetiCare MedSpa
Before and post 2 Halo™ treatments
Photos courtesy of Sanctuary Medical Center
Before and 2 months post 5 BBL™ treatments
Photos courtesy of Melody Dwyer, DO
Before and 2 months post 2 BBL™ treatments
Photos courtesy of Cherie Fraser, MD
Before and 2 months post 1 BBL™ treatment
Photos courtesy of Nicole Hartsough, MD
Chemical Peel Services
Epionce Lite Peel Refresh
Epionce Sali/Mali Peel
The Perfect Peel
Face & Neck
Décolleté & Neck
Active Serum Growth Factors
Active Eye Serum Growth Factor
Lash and Brow Combo